Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Evergreen State Fair

Yesterday we took Logan to the fair, where we met up with Sam's parents and nephews. It amazes me at how much energy kids have and how much I don't. (sigh) Anyway, we had lots of fun riding on rides, eating lots of food, looking at the animals, and my favorite part...entering Logan in the Diaper Derby. Logan has been crawling for about 2 weeks now and we thought it would be fun to enter him and hoped that he would win. But like most of the babies, he stayed put, looking at everything around him. He didn't even move an inch. Needless to say, he didn't win :( but we love him anyway. He got a "Participation" ribbon...his first ribbon! We all had a great time. Sam and I had intended on only staying for about 2 hours, but we ended up staying for pretty much the whole day. It was more fun than I remember fairs being, but I haven't been to many of them (that I can remember). Logan loved watching all the people and the rides. One day he will actually get to ride them instead of just watch.

Grandpa and Jackson on the Swings
The boys

A bunny trying to hide from Logan
The Diaper Derby

2 comments:

Minna Dyer said...

So funny! I love the Diaper Derby. Did ANYONE win?

Christine said...

Yeah, the little girl that's sitting up in the photo decided to crawl. But Logan and the other kid just stayed in the same position. It was really funny.