Monday, September 15, 2008

IKEA

This weekend Sam and I made the trek to Ikea. Both of us cannot stand that place. I know lots of people like it, and we decided that if we had all the money and time in the world, we might enjoy it too. However, we had one thing in mind to get and it took what seemed like forever to find and purchase.

Since Logan is now getting into EVERYTHING we needed to buy a TV stand, but finding one that would fit was difficult. Ikea was the only place that we found that had something that would work for us. So on Saturday, we drove down with Logan to Ikea. Logan seemed to do all right, but he is a huge fan of people and lights, and Ikea supplied both. :) After walking around for a bit, we found what we were looking for. But then, we had to find our way to the warehouse to pick up the item so that we could purchase it. I think that's what took us the longest. We managed to find a quick route, but I kept seeing things that I liked, so we had a couple of detours (this is one of the problems of the store for me, I like what Ikea has, but when I have only one thing in mind, I get carried away with all the other stuff while on my way to get the one item I originally went to get - consequently, that's why Sam doesn't like it.)

So we eventually got what we went for (and a couple of other things as well) and made our way home where Sam set it up for us. Logan even helped a bit...or maybe he just got in the way. :) I have to admit, I'm quite fond of it. It makes the TV area look so much better than it did, and makes it rather difficult for Logan to get to the wires and TV itself.


3 comments:

Christina said...

Yeah for furniture shopping excursions!! You are right- the problem is not necessarily getting the one thing you want, it is then wanting everything else in the store...

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! Jake has that same outfit....it's one of my favorites!

Damien said...

Looks like Logan enjoyed helping out. Katie loves helping me out with everything and she is getting very good at unpackig things, placing screws, using the screwdriver, setting things up, and then cleaning up the trash.

On the IKEA thing, we do have a few things from there as well, but the one problem that I have is finding an item that will actually fit together perfectly without forcing it to the brink of breaking it. I will say, though, last time (about 6 months ago) we couldn't pass up 2 $65 shelves for $12 a piece. It is indeed easy to get distracted and look at other appealing items.