Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Proud to be an American

So, I'm not one who likes political stuff. In fact, the whole thing really irritates me. This year is especially hard, what with the Presidential election and all. It really bothers me that I don't like either of the candidates, but still feel like I have to vote. In all honesty, if I do vote, I'll probably just vote for whoever Sam votes for.
With that said, I know there are probably many of you who have seen this video, but I really liked it and wanted to share it. Still not sure who to vote for, if I vote, but I've got a little bit of time to figure that out. In the meantime, this video reminded me of just how grateful I am to live in a free country. I'm so thankful for the men and women who serve our country!

(If you haven't seen it, make sure to watch the whole thing...very moving.)
Oh, and it's a "commercial" for McCain done by a soldier. Obviously not approved by McCain, but it's a great video to watch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that!

Christina said...

this is a GREAT site to compare the two candidates: http://www.obama-mccain.info/index-obama-mccain.php
It is very fair, easy to follow, and tells you exactly what each candidate believes on different issues. I really liked it, and it only takes a few minutes! That might help you make an informed decision without getting into all of the political garbage that is on the internet and tv.

Damien said...

There will always be things in a candidate that you do and don't like. It's near impossible to agree 100% with anyone in the world. However, the man in this video does bring out one of the many points as to why it is a no-brainer to vote for McCain/Palin.