Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Weekend

Where to start...this weekend was a busy one, but fun.

Thanksgiving day we went to Sam's parents house to celebrate Thanksgiving. As always, there was lots of delicious food. I was excited for Logan to try Thanksgiving dinner, but he had other plans. He decided to eat only a small amount of potatoes and then take a nap halfway through the meal. Oh well. There's always next year. He seemed to enjoy playing with his cousins. Well, he more or less watched them play, but he was very entertained by it.

On Friday, I actually braved the morning crowds to get some good deals on presents for Logan. His Christmas shopping was all done, but it dawned on me that his birthday is right after Christmas and I needed to get him something, so I went to Toys R Us and got lots of great things for him at really great prices. I'm not sure I'll do that again though, parents can get rather vicious when it comes to getting toys for their kids. I did however, enjoy the deals I got. Later that afternoon, we headed south to visit my parents in Auburn. We had yet another delicious turkey dinner (gotta love leftovers), and Logan actually got to eat some of it this time. He seemed to really love the sweet potatoes, but not the turkey. He's a crazy kid, but we still love him.

Saturday was fun. Sam went to lunch with his family while I stayed home and babysat my awesome neices! (I didn't want to go to lunch...it was Dim sum, not something I enjoy, but Sam does.) While everyone was eating, I had Hannah help me decorate our Christmas tree. I really wish I had taken a picture, she did a wonderful job of putting the ornaments in the same place on the tree. It was awesome! Unfortunately, we couldn't keep it like that because Logan thought it was a fun toy to bat at. So we had to place the ornaments in various places on the tree. Sorry Hannah, maybe next year we'll try your idea. :) Once lunch was over, the guys came home to babysit while some of us went to see Twilight. All I'll say about the movie is that I thought it was all right. Not my favorite, but still good.

I really regret not taking any pictures. There was so much going on, but picture taking wasn't really on my mind. I guess I need to get better at remembering to have the camera ready. Despite the lack of photos, this past weekend was so much fun. Now we just have to get through Christmas, a first birthday, and the New Year, all within a month! It's going to be crazy around here, but one thing is for sure...we're definitely going to have some fun!

No comments: