Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let it snow!


We have had lots of snow, at least for the area. This morning I measured 6 inches of snow in our driveway, plus about an inch of ice underneath and it's still snowing! I love snow and all the whiteness, but we don't have a snow shovel to shovel our driveway or snow clothes for Logan or boots for anybody. So we can't really go out and play in it. So sad. We will probably go out anyway for a very little bit and then come back in and warm up. I did attempt to clear off our driveway with a broom. It was a sad attempt as I got exhausted really quickly and only managed to sweep away about a square foot of snow from the driveway. Now it just looks silly.

As much as I love the snow, I wish it would stop. Perhaps this week we will get lucky since the temps are supposed to get into the mid 30's during the day. But with rain and freezing temps at night, I'm thinking we are going to be stuck at home for quite some time. I guess it's time to get the board games out!

This is the view from our front door...

Our street...(you can't tell where the driveways end and the street begins, it's just crazy!)

1 comment:

Christina said...

You guys have way more snow then we do- totally unusual! I went out and attempted to shovel the driveway as a nice surprise for Ben, then quickly gave up. It is hard work!!!! So, it will continue to be the man's job at our house (luckily he likes the physical labor of shoveling!). I can't imagine how a broom would be, though- that must have been tough!