Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's a miracle!

Logan has had problems sleeping through the night. It really hasn't been so bad, but he would wake up at least 3 times just screaming, but would eventually put himself back to sleep. We would feed him once at night to calm him down. We didn't like doing that since we figured he should be getting enough during the day. But we weren't sure what to do and it did calm him down. And of course, every time Logan woke up, so did I. Only I have a hard time falling asleep after he does, so I'm up most of the night.

One thing we have noticed is that Logan's room is incredibly cold, and has become worse with the weather. We've notified the heating company and they have made a few appointments to come out and check it out, but they have cancelled all appointments they made because of the road conditions (being ice).

A few nights ago Sam had the brilliant idea to close ALL heater vents in the house except Logan's. It worked. His room was warm and cozy, however the rest of the house was not so much. I don't care though, because those nights that the vents were closed were nights that Logan slept from 8pm til 8am!!!! It has been absolutely amazing. I really hope that the cold room is the problem. If it is, hopefully one day the heating people can come out and fix the problem. In the meantime, we have lots of blankets, and it's really not that bad in our room, but we'll do anything to make sure Logan gets a good nights sleep. And as a result, so do we! :)

2 comments:

Christina said...

I am SOOOO glad that you posted this- Audra has been waking up screaming for the past week, so I have been up from about 2-4:30 AM every night for a week and I am going crazy! I told Ben this story and he said, "let's put the layers on her tonight!" I am really hoping it works, I can't take much more of this!!!

Tiffiny said...

Good thinking!! Hopefully he keeps sleeping well for your sake. One of these days I'll post about our own nighttime misadventures. Merry Christmas!!