Wednesday, December 17, 2008

i luv roomba!


So about a week or so ago, we bought ourselves an IRobot Roomba. The only reason we even got one was because Linens N Things is going out of business and it was on clearance...it was the only way we could afford one. I've been wanting one for awhile because I was getting tired of vacuuming every night after Logan. He has gotten very good at leaving messes wherever he goes. (crumbs everywhere!) Since I had become lazy at cleaning the house, the crumbs were piling up and of course Logan was finding them and trying to eat them. Gross!!! We needed help! Enter Roomba.

This thing is awesome. It makes me clean up the toys every night (otherwise it won't do it's job very well) and then all I do is push a button and off Roomba goes, happily vacuuming the mess made that day. It runs for about an hour or so going in all sorts of directions. There is no particular pattern for this thing. It just goes where it wants. When the battery starts to run low, it takes itself back to the charging base. What a smart robot! Of course, it does run into the end tables and such, which is actually quite funny to watch it bump into things, but other than that it's pretty amazing. And the best part is, now I don't have to vacuum as often. I still need to every now and then to get the deep cleaning, but it's so much better than doing it every day. What can I say, I luv Roomba!

1 comment:

Tiffiny said...

What a nice early Christmas gift to yourselves! I've heard how great those are. Since there isn't a Roomba in our future I'm glad our little guy is past the phase of picking up and trying to eat every speck on the ground so I don't have to vacuum as often. He's too busy trying to climb up on everything to pay attention to what's on the floor!