Thursday, May 19, 2011

While the cat's away the mice will play

Since I've been laid up in bed, I have had my wonderful mom, husband, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law and wife help out with the kids. It seems that every time I'm laid up, the kids always have so much fun. One day though, I'll be having that fun with them. The kids have been pretty good, as far as I can tell. I haven't heard too much screaming from my room and that's always a good sign. Logan has become very helpful around the house. It seems my vacuuming days are over. Logan loves to do it. My mom told me that he wanted to vacuum so much that she told him to pick up the toys and then he could vacuum. Apparently he got so excited that he picked up the toys really fast and then vacuumed, not one room, but pretty much the whole house! Way to go Logan! While Logan is cleaning and such, Olivia has been keeping herself busy with coloring, art projects and tv. I'm glad the weather has been semi-decent, it gets the kids outside every now and then. They've even been so lucky as to go to the Children's Museum and Jump Planet. I'm glad they are having fun. I don't know if Olivia even misses me, but I know that Logan does (every now and then at least). He asks every now and then if he can lay down in bed with me because "that will help mommy be better". Really, he just wants to play in our room, which is off limits.

But my favorite thing to hear was a couple of days ago when Sam came up and told me that just before they said prayer for dinner, Logan said to Sam "we need to bless to make mommy better". So, he did, and once the prayer was over Logan said "Yeah, now mommy is all better!" Ah, the simple faith of a 3 year old. He was quite ditraught that I wasn't actually completely better, but he was reassured that it helped me to feel better, even for a little bit and that I'll get better faster. It still brings tears to my eyes. He is such a sweet and caring little boy!

No comments: