Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I need to take more pictures

Lots has happened lately, and I have no pictures to document. For starters, my recovery went better than I expected. By day 10 I was almost back to normal, day 13, pretty much normal. The only thing now is a tiny sore throat that's really not any worse than normal (for me anyway). I'm excited to have this be over with and to be able to not be sick ALL the time!

The kids had lots of fun while I was "away", but they were so excited to see that I was, as Logan put it, "not sick anymore". My kids are great. They drive me absolutely insane at times, but they are so fun.

Currently Sam's brother Joel, and his wife LeighAnn are visiting. They have a cute little girl, Bailey, who my kids absolutely adore. The three of them have been having fun playing together. It'll be sad when they have to leave. I think Logan will take it the hardest. Bailey and Logan are getting along great, so much so that Olivia has gotten a little jealous that she's not getting as much attention from Logan as she's used too. Wrestling has become a favorite sport of hers, not so much for Logan. It'll be interesting to see how she reacts to Logan going to pre-school in the fall.

The young women in my ward at Church have been fantastic. They've been coming by in the afternoons after school to help with the kids so I can continue to rest a bit and get 100% better. That has been a tremendous blessing for us. The kids love the attention, and I love being able to rest some more.

I am so excited for the summer. I just hope the weather cooperates and warms up a bit. There are lots of little hikes I want to take the kids on and a bunch of other little outdoor things. Some day soon though, it will all happen.

2 comments:

Ben and Cortney said...

Glad to hear that the surgery and re-coop has gone well. I hope that it will solve the issues. Yes, I agree, more pictures! ;-)

Christina said...

Yay!!!! So glad the worst is over! That's awesome the YW are helping out- what a great service!