Sunday, May 29, 2011

A new addition to the family

No, we're not pregnant. Yesterday we got ourselves this....





Isn't she beautiful? This was totally not planned. We had just been talking about getting a minivan at some point. We've always wanted an Odyssey, but knew we wouldn't be able to afford one so we decided to check out Kia Sedona's. Yesterday we decided that I would go test drive just to see what I liked better. I drove a Sedona and I liked it. Then I went to the Honda dealership and test drove a 2008 Odyssey Touring and I HATED it. It actually surprised me at how much I disliked it and at that point was determined to get the Kia. But then I test drove the above car, a 2011 EX-L-Res. I fell in love with it when I first saw it, without even looking on the inside. It "spoke" to me. I became even more in love with it when I learned it had everything I wanted, leather interior, entertainment system, and dual power sliding doors. The salesman was kind enough to let me drive it home to show Sam and the kids. They all fell in love too. Logan said it was "a pretty car" a "cool car". We decided that instead of buying it, we would lease. With all the specials going on for the Memorial Weekend, we got a pretty good deal. So this is our new family car for the next 3 years. We're all pretty excited about it.

On a side note, we traded in our Accord. The AC had just recently gone out and it needed a new windshield. Hence the reason we were discussing getting a new car at one point. We loved that car, but were very surprised to find out that it had been totalled at one point and rebuilt. It was missing parts! We had a carfax done when we bought it, and it didn't show any report of an accident. We were scammed. Lesson learned, don't buy from a private dealer.

2 comments:

Christina said...

We figure we have about 1 more year until we have to upgrade. I love my little Corolla, but more room would be SOOOOOO nice! Congrats- it is a beautiful car!

Anonymous said...

welcome to the family minivan, looks awesome! i think Jake would call it a cool car too and then proceed to check out the tires lol