Friday, May 6, 2011

A day at the zoo

The other day was beautiful. The sun finally showed and it was even a little warm, not too warm, but warm enough for jackets, not coats. :) A friend of mine was planning on taking her boys to the zoo and invited us to go along. At first I said no. I had no intention of taking my two crazy kids to the zoo without their dad to help. Even with my friend, we were still outnumbered, two 3 year olds, a 22 month old, and a year and a half old. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to chase after them. But after the awful beginning to the day, I quickly realized that staying at home would not be any good. I was quite proud of myself though, I got the kids fed and dressed, myself dressed,a picnic lunch packed and everything we needed for the day ready in about 20 minutes. We even made it to the zoo before my friend. We had planned to meet at 10. We live about 45 minutes away, and we planned this around 9ish. Needless to say, I felt really rushed, but I'm so glad we did it. The kids were very well behaved and had a great time!

This bear was awesome. He knew how to pose for the camera. He smiled for pretty much everyone and then proceeded to show off. I wish I had video of it. Hilarious!









No comments: