Friday, December 3, 2010

How my almost 3 year old thinks...

One of my black friday deals was a dual DVD player for the car. It's nice, it's portable, and the screens fit on the back of the driver and passenger head rests. We tried it out for the first time last Tuesday when we had to pick up Sam from work and head to a doctor appointment for Logan. The kids enjoyed every minute of being able to watch a movie while sitting in the car. And honestly, it was the best drive I've had in a long time. No screaming, crying, hitting, whining...it was great! Today Logan was begging to go to his "carseat". Here's the conversation that followed:

Me: "Why do you want to go in the car so bad?"

Logan: "Want to watch Cars in my carseat." (Cars is what I had playing on Tuesday)

Me: "I'm sorry bud, but we can only watch movies in the car on long road trips, like to daddy's work or Grandma and Grandpa H's house."

Logan: (a long pause as he looks on thoughtfully) "Logan wants to go see grandma and the kitty cat" (my parents house)

Me: "Are you sure you want to see grandma? Or do you just want to watch the movie in the car?"

Logan: (Another thoughtul pause) "Nope, want to see grandma....and watch Cars"

I love how he thinks. He took his time in answering my question, as if getting the right answer would allow him to ride in the car. Needless to say, we didn't go to my parents house today, but I did cave and took them with me to donate some unwanted items that we had lying around. We took our time, and I let him watch his movie while we did so.

No comments: