Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fun in the sun (or shade as the case may be)

Today was so beautiful outside...and hot, so we spent a good part of the day in the backyard playing in the pool and sprinkler. Grandma B was so thoughtful to bring a kiddie pool to the house today for Logan to play in. He wasn't so sure about it, he seems to have some sort of fear of water, but he's getting better. He never really sat down in the pool, unless it was by accident. But Logan loves to be outside, so he seemed to have a good time regardless, and grandma was great at playing in the water with him.




Grandma meant to hold his hand going down the slide, but they slipped and logan went down fast!


This was Logan's reaction after he got up. With me being the wonderful mom that I am, I just laughed hysterically at it. I couldn't help myself, it was funny and Logan wasn't hurt.


After his nap, we went back outside and played in the sprinkler. Logan has a fascination with water coming out of faucets, hoses, and sprinklers.




As for me, the entire time we were out, I just lounged in a chair and took pictures. This pregnancy has proven to be extremely difficult. At 32.5 weeks I was measuring to be 37 weeks along. This little girl is big, but her size right now isn't so much the problem. I have another ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow to find out if she needs to come early or not. Apparently I've got placenta previa and too much amniotic fluid (which apparently isn't safe for the baby or me). So depending on the fluid level results from tomorrow's ultrasound, I may or may not be having this baby at 35 weeks. I'm hoping for good news, I'm just not ready to have her so soon.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

First of all, I think that when a kid falls or is upset (and not hurt)the best thing you can do is laugh. It teaches them that everything is okay and to have a sense of humor. We have done that with our girls and when they fall down they laugh instead of crying. So, you're not a bad mom.

Second, I'm sorry. Are you on bed rest? If not they might do that and monitor your blood pressure first, but having the baby early wouldn't be a bad thing. I bet you're ready to have the pregnancy over!

Law's said...

Good luck with everything, take care of yourself:) Logan is so cute those pictures are great.

Ben and Cortney said...

Hey there! Logan is getting so big!Austin is kind of a shrimp (don't tell him I said that). We are coming to Seattle on the 20th, but it sound like you maybe having a baby! I really hope that all of the levels check out right and you and the baby will be able to go as long as you can. I remember when they told me that Emma was big and that she would get stuck if I had her vaginal but in the end she was only 8 pounds! I guess safe than sorry. Can you email me your info, and maybe we can talk on the phone? Just let me know!
Cortney