Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Beginning

Sam and I met sometime in the summer of 2005. He would tell you that he first noticed me in August of 2004. Why it took us a year to get together, I have no idea. Perhaps the timing was wrong at that point. I was still in school and too busy to be in any relationship...or so that was my excuse. We started dating in September and totally hit it off. By November we knew that this was it. December 23, 2005 Sam proposed and of course I said yes. I was completely surprised. He kept insisting that he would propose after Christmas. That night was one I'll never forget. Sam was acting so wierd, nothing like himself. He took me to the Botanical Gardens in Bellevue, WA (where he supposedly noticed me for the first time at a singles activity). We went through the gardens so fast, I couldn't figure out why we couldn't just take our time. And of course, Sam was complaining of the weather (it was drizzling a little). We went to the mall to do some very last minute Christmas shopping, and again, he was rushing me through that. I thought this was very wierd for Sam. He wouldn't even let me hold his hand! It turns out he had made reservations for dinner at 8pm and we were pushing the time. So we went to dinner and just sat in silence and ate. It was so awkward, more so than our first date. We ended up just watching a couple that was sitting a few tables away arguing over a present that had been given. He took me home and we just sat on the couch, not really saying anything. All of a sudden Sam mentioned how things never work out the way you plan them, and he proposed to me right then and there.
We have now been married a little over 2 years, and we've never been happier! It's true what they say....Good things come to those who wait!



No comments: