Thursday, January 22, 2009

An Update

So this past week has been full of ups and downs for us. Sam had been hearing rumors that Microsoft was going to be laying off lots of people, and of course we panicked a little bit about that. Turns out that there are lay offs, but luckily Sam won't be affected by it. Thank goodness for that.

Logan has been going through the "I'm not going to sleep at night" phase for awhile. He would wake up just screaming, and nothing we did could calm him down. I couldn't tell if it was teething, or a cold, or something different all together. Well, yesterday I happened to notice that 2 molars had popped through. That's probably the reason for the sleepless nights. Last night he actually slept! I just hope that it continues. At least, until the next round of teeth. He has started to say "bye" while waving at whoever is leaving. Most of the time though, he'll say it after the person has left, but at least he's saying it. I even heard him say "hi" this morning when I went in his room to get him. I don't know if he really meant to say it, or if it was just gibberish that happened to sound like "hi". Guess we'll find out soon enough.

1 comment:

Christina said...

So glad Sam is OK- it is such a scary time because if you are laid off, there are NO jobs available! A friend of mine lost his job over SIX MONTHS ago and has done nothing but interview and can't find anything. Ben and I have talked about it, and we would be willing to take a pay cut or work fewer hours if it meant saving somebody else's job- it's just a sad and scary time right now...