Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sweet Cinnamon Roll



Yesterday we went to The Maltby Cafe for breakfast. Well, really it was 2 in the afternoon, but we ordered breakfast. If Sam hadn't told me about it, I would never have known where it was. Apparently I've driven past it several times, not knowing it was there. It's located in an older building in the basement. You have to know where it is to find it, but it is definitely worth the find. I have to admit that it was by far the best breakfast I've had in a long time. Sam ordered a cinnamon roll that was so huge he had to take half of it home with him. He kept saying it was the size of 4 regular cinnamon rolls. It was absolutely huge and took up the entire plate. I had never seen one that big before, it was incredible! This picture doesn't do it justice. The plate that it's on is a regular size plate, not a small one that we thought it was on. Unfortunately I left my camera at home so we didn't get a picture of what Sam ordered. I had just your basic scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, but it was still very good. I'm hoping we can make it to this cafe more often since it is only about 15 minutes from our place. The only problem is that it's always so busy, it's hard to get in. But it's definitely worth the wait!

4 comments:

Ben and Cortney said...

I love those type of places! I wish I could find one here that was close. Hey when are you due? I hope that everything is going well and that you are having a better go this time than you did the last time! Let me know how you are doing!
Cortney

Liz said...

Hey, Just found your blog! Congrats on the kiddos! I've got a little Logan myself now, along with a big Brenin who was 6 months when you got married. How are things going with you these days? pretty darn busy I bet.

Liz said...

We're still stuck in auburn, after a brief stint in puyallup.We are actually in your parents ward, stuck in nursery (that is a deep dark blackhole)

Liz said...

Anything to get out of nursery eh? =-). I'm sorry to hear your pregnancies are no fun, if it's sickness there is an awesome medicine that I of course can't remember the name to, saved me a ton of trouble. Hope this one goes a lot better for you!