Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I wish for my family in 2011

Okay, so it's been almost a week of the new year, but it's still a new year. There are a few things I'd like to see happen this year. I'm not sure if it all will, but it's nice to hope. Honestly, I feel my family has been blessed in so many ways. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for what we have. We haven't had too many challenges, and for that I'm incredibly thankful for. But onto the new year and what I hope it brings us:

1. Our Bothell house to sell...and fairly early in the year too.

2. Logan to be potty trained

3. Olivia to be potty trained

4. A minivan (even if it's on the last day of the year)

5. Very few illnesses. We've had our fair share in the last couple of years. I would like us to have a healthy year for once.

6. Logan's speech to improve. He's a bit behind his peers, but I think it can quickly be solved with the right help.

7. More dates with Sam. We haven't done so well in the past, but I'd like to at least start with one a month and go from there.

8. More one on one time with the kids. (daddy/daughter, mother/son dates) I think it will help everyone.

9. To go to the Temple more often. I'll admit, it's been awhile, but maybe we could try going once a quarter for starters and see where that takes us.

10. Logan to enter primary and not have to worry about him. He turned 3 last year (okay the last day of the year) and technically should be in primary at church. But seriously, if his birthday was 1 day later, he would still be in nursery for 1 more year! Luckily the primary presidency and nursery leaders are okay with whatever we feel is best for him. And right now, we don't think he's ready for primary. Maybe in a few months, but not now. Besides, he's the only sunbeam! So there really isn't a whole lot of pressure. But I would like to see him in primary by the end of the year.

So there you have it. The things I hope happen this year. It'll be fun to look back at the end of the year and see where we stand with it all. :) Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Christina said...

But if he had been born one day later you wouldn't have had your tax break:)

I'll say prayers for you that your house will sell- that has to be stressful! And that you will be able to go on more dates! I totall believe in them. Good luck!