Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow

It snowed yesterday...a lot! Well, a lot for around here. It was beautiful to watch and fun to play in, but horrible to drive in. Today we've been snowed in our house. The roads are all covered in ice. And since we live on a hill, driving down and then back up is not something I would like to try and attempt. The temperature has been in the low to mid 20's. Yes, the 20's. CRAZY!!! We are not prepared for that kind of weather. I am lacking a winter coat for days that are that cold, no one has snow boots, and Sam doesn't have gloves. Oh well, hopefully it won't last for too long and we can get the ice to melt a bit before everyone comes over for Thanksgiving. I much prefer the rain and 40 degree weather. :)

Our house, just as it was starting to snow.
The trees next door. I thought they were pretty.





The kids just loved it. Logan kept asking for the snow to "turn on" if it stopped snowing. This morning he wanted it on again. I'm okay with it being "off". We really didn't get much, I'm guessing maybe 2-3" at most. It's the ice that's the problem. Oh well, it will melt one day.

No comments: