Monday, July 26, 2010

Sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

It's summertime. I've planned many activities to enjoy outside with my kids. I have been looking forward to this time since Olivia was born last year! Unfortunately, we haven't been able to do anything since the weather warmed up because we've all been sick. It started mid June with Logan catching a cold that led to double ear infections. We got him on anti-biotics in time for our trip to Moses Lake. His last dose was taken on the last day we were at Cannon Beach. A few days after getting back from Cannon Beach, Olivia had her 1 year check up where it was found that she had an ear infection, but Logan's had cleared up. Meanwhile, I got sick and had an ear and sinus infection. All 3 of us hadn't been doing so well, but we all had antibiotics, so I figured we would be on the mend shortly. Just a few days after Olivia's appointment, Logan got really sick again, so I took him into the doctor to get checked again. Double ear infections!!! He was given another antibiotic. Two days later, I went in to the doctor again because I was feeling worse, not better after my antibiotics. I have bronchitis and a sinus infection, and 2 ear infections. It has been a week since my last appointment and I'm only feeling slightly better. I'm afraid to make another appointment for myself, I don't know what else can be done. It's quite irritating. What bothers me even more is that my kids do not seem to be getting any better. So, I took them to the doctor again today. Logan still has his double ear infection. It looks like the antibiotic he was on, did absolutely nothing for him. So, he's on his third round of antibiotics! If this doesn't work, then we will have to discuss putting tubes in his ears. At this point, I don't care what it takes. I just want my little boy to be healthy again. As for Olivia, her antibiotics did nothing! Her slight 1 ear infection has turned to a severe double ear infection and she has a sinus infection. Poor kid. I really hope this second antibiotic works for her.

So, here we are entering week 8 of being sick. Sam started getting sick last week. I'm really hoping his isn't like the rest of ours. He seems to be getting better though, and he hasn't been to a doctor...yet. We have reached a combined total of 9 ear infections, 8 weeks of being sick, 7 antibiotics, 6 or more boxes of tissues (I've lost count), 5 doctor visits in one month, an illness that has affected all 4 of us, 3 cases of cabin fever, 2 sinus infections, and 1 of us with bronchitis (for now, anyway). I have never been so irritated. All I want is for my kids to be healthy, and for me and Sam to be healthy again too. I want to take my kids swimming and to the park, and be able to enjoy it! I have to take the kids back to the doctor in 10 days to see if the meds have helped any. I really hope they do. I really would like to be able to enjoy the summer weather while we have it. Oh well, we'll deal with whatever comes our way.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I am SOOOOO sorry! I HATE being sick!!! Maybe eartubes wouldn't be a bad idea at this point. Get better soon!

Justin and Stephanie said...

That is crazy! I am sorry! Your cannon beach pictures are really pretty! I wish you had been able to enjoy the trip more. We will be praying that in 10 days the doctor says that ALL of you are healed!

Ben and Cortney said...

Uggghhh! I hope you guys get feeling better, cause it is miserable to be sick and not be able to do anything about it. I hope everyone will be well soon, and AT THE SAME TIME! :) Love!