Thursday, July 1, 2010

Family First

So, I found out yesterday that my cousin's little boy, Austin, isn't doing so well. He is currently at Spokane Sacred Heart Children's Hospital in the ICU. He caught E.Coli which caused him to get HUS. (http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/779218-overview) It breaks my heart that this little boy, only 2 years old, is going through this. And my heart breaks for his family who have to watch him go through this ordeal. His kidneys are not working right now and he is having to go through dialysis and blood transfusions. Austin is constantly on my mind, and I pray that he recovers fully and quickly.

I'm not one to normally ask for favors, but it is my family, and family is very important to me. So, if you would, please pray for this little boy and his family that all will turn out right. Also, if you are willing and able, please consider donating blood to your local bank. For those in the NW, if you can, you can donate to an Inland Northwest Blood Center to donate in Austin's name. It doesn't have to be his blood type, it can be any. It will help to offset the costs that his family has with the blood transfusions, as well as replace some of the blood they are using. To donate in Austin's name, you will need his address which is

Ben and Cortney Jones
1710 W Hillcrest Dr.
Apt #134
Newbury Park, Ca 91320

I've never been a fan of donating my blood, it always makes me sick...but you never know when a friend or loved one will need it. As for me, once I get over this cold, I will be on my way to help

2 comments:

Christina said...

We'll be praying for them. Our temple is closed or I would put him on the prayer roll.

Ben and Cortney said...

Thank you guys so much! Yeah it has been hard, but having such wonderful people like you to support us has helped lighten our load. Thanks for posting the info about the blood center, it is a big encouragement for us.