Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Moses Lake

On July 2, we made our way to Moses Lake for a family reunion. I was very nervous about going since both of our kids had been sick, and Logan had just been diagnosed with double ear infections earlier that morning. But, Sam and I agreed that we should at least attempt it. The kids seemed to be doing better, so why not. We got in the car that afternoon, and not 15 minutes into the 3 hour trip, we had to pull over. Olivia got sick in the car! Yikes, not fun. But we were expecting it since she had been getting sick the previous day, especially if she choked on something, which she did. A french fry from McDonald's is what we blame, although, who really knows for sure. I was ready to turn back and go home, but Sam was determined that we go. And I'm glad we did. We had no problems the rest of the way, and Olivia and Logan seemed to be much better by the time we got there.


We didn't do much, just hung out at my grandparents house. But that's really all I wanted to do anyway. It was nice to visit with family.


(some of the great-grandkids playing in the backyard)


(Olivia with Grandma H.)


(Olivia with Great-Grandpa J.)


(Sam with most of the kids, they all like that yellow chair for some reason)

We did have to cut our trip short since Sunday morning I woke up not feeling well. So, instead of leaving Sunday late afternoon, we left early Sunday morning. I still feel bad about having to leave early, there were a couple of pictures I wanted to take of my grandparents. But, I didn't want to get anyone else sick and we had a long drive ahead of us on Monday to go down to Cannon Beach for yet another family reunion. So, we felt it best to get home earlier than planned and rest for a bit.

No comments: