Monday, May 17, 2010

Standing, Talking, and other things

My kids amaze me! Every day they teach me new things, or remind me of things long forgotten. They are persistent about reminding me to have patience. Maybe one day I'll get it down. Until then, I'll just try to enjoy the moments I have with them while they are young.

Olivia is now standing on her own and talking. Yes, talking! She's been standing on her own for awhile now, but I only just got a picture of it.

She is so stinkin' cute, I can't stand it! I'm not sure what her official first word is, but she's got a vocabulary. It's small, but it exists. She can say "All done", "Bye Bye", "Daddy" (and know that it's daddy she's talking about) "Mama", and "yes". What really cracks me up are her head shakes and nods. She'll shake her head "no" or nod "yes" to the appropriate questions. I still think of her as my little baby, and no doubt she still is, but she is growing up. I'm having a hard time accepting that.



Logan is all over the place. He has so much energy! I feel bad for him though. There just isn't enough room for him to run around at our place. We do go to parks, but that gets complicated since Olivia can't walk just yet, and Logan is always running away from me. I foresee sports activities in his future. Maybe that will help him with all the energy he has.



1 comment:

Tiffiny said...

Olivia is growing up so fast! How exciting that she is starting to communicate with you. And don't worry... she'll probably be running after Logan soon!!