Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mama's little helper

So today has been one of those days. Olivia screaming for most of it, Logan throwing tantrums for no apparent reason, and me, well, I was crying right along with my kids. Olivia is not quite 6 weeks old yet and I've only had both kids by myself for 4 or 5 days. I shouldn't complain, I really have been blessed to have had Sam home and help from family. I just haven't gotten the hang of things yet. Anyway, just as I thought I couldn't take it anymore things got a little quieter. Logan had stopped his tantrum. I knew he had found something to entertain himself, I just didn't know what and really didn't care at that point. At least he wasn't crying anymore. A few minutes later, I heard silverware being dropped. I ran into the kitchen only to discover that Logan was unloading the dishwasher...and doing a pretty good job too.

Yes, those are the dishes he unloaded on the counter.


The silverware he put away.

Logan also helped me with the laundry, and with Olivia by trying to tickle her when she cried, wiping up spit up, and getting diapers and wipes. He really is a good helper.

3 comments:

Christina said...

According to one book I read, babies are the fussiest at 6 weeks and then they mellow out- you are practically there!!! It is hard, though, when they are both fussing! Hang in there, you're doing great!

Tiffiny said...

What a smart little guy! He obviously watches what you do and loves to imitate it!! At least his helping gave you a little bit of a break from the cries.

Minna Dyer said...

Oh man! I know how you feel. I'm just coming out of the weeds and finally feeling like I can go places with all three. It's almost always a challenge though (esp in this city). When it is easy, I revel in it b/c I know it won't last too long. It's good to know it's worth it! :)