Friday, August 14, 2009

6 weeks


I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since Olivia joined us. It's gone by too fast I think. She had her Dr. appt. and these are the results...

Weight 13lbs 2oz (above the 95th percentile)
Height 24 inches (also above the 95th percentile)

Yes, you could say that she's a big baby and it would be very true! At 6 weeks she is the size of your average 4 month old. As of earlier this week, she is now wearing 6 month size clothing. It's crazy to me, but she's doing very well, and at least she's proportionate in both height and weight. Unfortunately though, she does have acid reflux which explains the massive amounts of screaming and spitting up after each feeding. Hopefully though, that will all calm down with the help of medicine. It breaks my heart to hear her scream after she eats. I can tell she's in a lot of pain and there has been nothing I can do for her. I really hope the medicine works for her.

Other than that though, she's doing very well. She can hold her head up for a period of time, she loves to look around and coo at everything. I think her favorite thing is to watch Logan dance. She's always looking at him and laughing. (At least, I think she would be laughing if she could, she has that look in her eyes.) She is up for most of the day, but luckily takes a good nap around the same time as Logan and she sleeps so well at night. She goes down around 9:30 and wakes up around 3, then again around 7:30. I feel like I got very lucky with her and her night time sleeping habits. I just hope it continues.

We are so lucky to have Olivia in our lives. She really is the sweetest baby (when she's not in pain). I don't know if she'll ever comprehend just how much she is loved by her parents, but we do love her so very much!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I'm sorry about the reflux- that's what Audra had, and made our lives MISERALBE- as you know- so I hope the medicine helps!!! She looks great, and I am glad she is sleeping well!

Kristy said...

Wow--I can't believe she's already 6 weeks old! That's nuts!

Sorry about the reflux...I hope the medicine helps your sweet baby!

Oh, and YAY for the sleep! That's great news!