Thursday, April 2, 2009

15 Months


Logan had his 15 month appointment and the results are...he's a happy and very healthy little boy! Here are his stats.

Weight: 26lbs. 6ozs. (75th%)
Height: 32.5 inches (90th%)

He only gained 1 pound in 3 months. He's just so active it's hard to keep him still long enough to eat. I was given a list of things to give him to increase his calories, one of them being butter. What?!? Butter? Really? I guess I'm supposed to start putting butter on a lot of things he eats. I'll try, but I'm not one who uses a lot of butter myself, so this could take some adjusting to.

Anyway, other than the weight thing, he's doing very well. He has a pretty large vocabulary, the only problem is, he will generally just say the word once and then we rarely hear it after that. Some of the words he has said are "peaches", "done", "kitty", "bye bye", "fish", "hi", "nap" (well, that one comes out "na"), "nigh nigh" (for bedtime) and just recently "bay is-er" (baby sister). We ask him frequently where baby sister is, and he will come up to me and pat (really hit) my belly. Sam tried getting him to say baby sister and it was so cute to listen to Logan really try to say it. And now, whenever he sees a baby on TV or outside or wherever, he'll pat his belly and then come up to me and do the same. It's so cute to watch him. I'm not sure he understands that another little person will soon be joining our family, but it is fun to watch him around other babies and to see how excited he gets when we bring home baby clothes. (Really, I just think he's excited about the hangers.)

2 comments:

Christina said...

I wouldn't worry too much about the weight thing- that seems rediculous to have to put butter on his food. We have been dealing with weight issues since Audra was born, and finally it was like, "you know, she's healthy and happy- and that's what matters- not that she fits on this perfect growth chart that is based on 1950's formula fed babies." Of course, if you are worried then you should be worried- you know your son best (does that make any sense?) and mother's intuition is the greatest gift!

Tiffiny said...

I agree with Christina. Logan is healthy and is just a tad smaller than my 18 month old, who has also been diagnosed as healthy. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

That is so fun that Logan is talking some. What a heart melter to read that he says "baby sister"!!!