Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's the simple things in life


It doesn't take much to make me smile. Logan laughing, his dancing, Sam coming home from work, baby girl kicking, a clean house, water (yes, water makes me smile...it just tastes so good), pretty much anything small and simple. But lately, I've had to add another item to my simple list...saving money! The reality of having two kids has hit me. I've been thinking that we'll have (hopefully) 2 college educations, a mission (possibly 2) and a wedding to pay for. I'm looking forward to all of it. I figured I might as well get a jump start on saving money for the future. It's become quite a fun game for me. How much can I get and for how little? Coupons have become a good friend of mine, as well as all those ads (grocery and others). I have made it a rule that if it's not on sale, I'm not going to get it. And having coupons just adds to the fun of it. It may sounds crazy, but it works, and I've been enjoying watching the receipts come back to me and seeing the savings. Some weeks are better than others, but still, it all adds up. Today for example, I went grocery shopping and bought $98.99 worth of groceries, but only paid $49.14 for it. My rule of it being on sale doesn't always work, sometimes there are things you just need to get and can't wait. But overall, it's worked pretty well for me.

1 comment:

Tiffiny said...

Good for you!! Really, why pay more if you don't have to?