Friday, October 24, 2008

A Christmas Stocking

Call me crazy, but I've decided to make Logan a Christmas stocking that he can enjoy for years to come. There's just something about a homemade stocking that makes the holidays all the more enjoyable. Since Christmas isn't too far out, you'd think I would pick something simple to do, but no. I decided to do something far more challenging...a cross stitch. It most likely will not be done in time for Christmas this year (I'd be surprised if it was), but that doesn't matter. Logan probably won't notice anyway. Hopefully though, it will be done for his 2nd Christmas. We shall see. I'm notorious for starting projects, but never actually finishing them.

Anyway, if all goes as planned, this is the stocking Logan should have for next year.


And of course it'll say Logan, not Marta. :)

3 comments:

Christina said...

Where did you find that??? I made one for Ben and one for Audra, and then Michael's stopped selling them, so now I don't have one for me, and I really want one!!! Good luck- I think they are fun and relaxing to make- as long as Audra isn't anywhere near me while I am doing it (those pesky needles and scissors...)

Christine said...

I found them at Jo-Ann Fabric. It's online though. So you're forced to pay for shipping. I tried finding it in the store, but they only had a small amount to choose from. But online has a good selection.

Tiffiny said...

Good for you Christine!! I am just like you... I get excited about a project and work on it for a while, the it somehow gets "lost", only to be discovered a year later! Having a deadline is one of the best things to keep me focused and help me get projects finished. Maybe with Christmas being close it will be the extra push you need to get it done! I look forward to seeing the finished project.