Friday, May 16, 2008

Yard work

Oh the joys of having a home with a yard. Granted our backyard is incredibly small, still it needs to be maintained. Weeds have overtaken the sides of the fence as you can see in the picture. So this morning I went out to weed. The weather was supposed to be in the mid 80's today so Logan and I went out bright and early (730am) to start weeding. Even at that hour it was too warm. As I was starting to weed I had flashbacks to when I was a teenager and my mom telling me to go outside and weed. Oh how I hated to weed. And, apparently, I still do. So I took a bit of a break and in doing so, told Logan that he would just have to finish weeding for me. No kidding, this is the look he gave me....

Not liking to weed must run in the family. (That, or maybe it was the hat I was making him wear) He cracks me up with the faces he makes. He sure knows how to express himself. Oh, and the break I took, I'm still on it...several hours later. :) One day I will finish.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a cute face. You will always look back at that picture and laugh. And, I agree about weeding. I think mostly because they just grow back and you have to go through the cycle every two weeks, and it is a lot of work for two weeks of your lawn looking good!

Charis said...

Hey Christine - Okay so I stumbled upon your blog and glad I did. So fun to see your cute family. It's good to see things are going so well. I hear ya on the weeds - we have sooo many we finally gave in and hired someone to get rid of them....grrrr!!!!! The joys of homeownership I guess :-) You can check us out at www.andyandcharis.blogspot.com

Keep in touch.
Charis

Christina said...

Yeah, as we look to buy a house, yardwork is something I am NOT looking forward to!