Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our Goal

It seems that it takes a video game to get Sam and myself into shape. Those of you who know us, will know that Sam and I became friends because of the XBox game Dance Dance Revolution. (I know, we are such dorks sometimes.) But it seems that that game just hasn't been enough for us lately. Plus playing that with a baby in the house is rather difficult. So we decided we needed something different.
So...
Sam and I got the infamous Wii Fit game...finally! We had it preordered a long time ago, but it only just arrived yesterday. It is so much fun and so cool. Those of you who have it know what I'm talking about. It measures your BMI and helps you set goals for what you want your BMI to be. We have a long way to go, but the games are so much fun. It seems so easy, so this morning while Logan was napping, I was playing. I didn't realize just how much of a workout I was getting until later in the day. Man, my body aches, but that's a good thing. Since this game keeps track of everything you do and how often you do it, I'm hoping it will be a great motivator for both Sam and myself to keep at it. And hopefully by the end of October we will be in shape. That's when our goal is supposed to be met, according to the game. I guess only time will tell if this will actually work for us.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

We are loving our Fit as well. We've had it 8 days and it really is so much fun. I missed a day and it asked me if I was too busy to exercise, and it asked Damien if I looked smaller, bigger,or the same since exercising. So funny. Anyway, good luck with your goals!

Christina said...

I have heard great things about it, I might have to get one. I no longer have the motivation to go jogging, but I could play the Wii while Audra naps. Very cool!