Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happenings at home

So much has been going on the past few days. The weather has finally become beautiful around here, of course, it is short lived as rain is expected again tomorrow. But, we'll take what we can get. The nice weather has prompted us to play outside a lot. We have even managed to get a little yard work in. Logan has really gotten into the "anything daddy does, I can do too" phase. It's really cute to watch him mimic his dad. He's even figured out that bedtime, "it's not dark outside, it's not bedtime yet" excuse that most kids give their parents. I was really hoping for another year or two before that happened. Oh well.



Olivia is still as sweet as can be. She's become even more of a mommy's girl than I thought possible. Lately she gives me big hugs, wrapping her arms tight around my neck and giving me kisses. She did so the other day and said "mommy, take picture" so, I did. It's one of those, hold your arm out as far as possible and take a picture and pray it turns out okay pictures. But considering the circumstances, I think it turned out just okay. I need more pictures of me with my kids anyway, I'll take what I can get.



Other things that have been going on around here...well, we've had the fun opportunity to watch Sam's brother's dog, Ollie for about a week. He's a really good dog, and the kids have had so much fun playing with him. One thing is for sure, it's going to be really boring around here without Ollie. Even so, Sam and I are still convinced to never get a dog of our own. A cat, one day, maybe...but definitely no dog. We figure, if the kids really want one, they can go next door (or 3) to their Uncle and Aunt's house to play with Ollie. (One of the many benefits to being neighbors. :) )


1 comment:

Carolina said...

So cute. It does look like the kids and Ollie are having so much fun. I was worried about Ollie causing you guys trouble, but I am happy the kids love having him around.