Sunday, March 27, 2011

A rambling post, no pity please!

It's been one of those days today. It hasn't been horribly bad, but the illnesses my family suffers on a constant basis is driving me insane. My kids get colds, get better, and a few days later have colds again. That's been going on since about January with them. But hopefully with the weather changing, it'll all stop. I've got another bout of tonsilitis and a migraine. Ugh! I remember back in June last year getting a cold that just never seemed to go away. I'm sure it did at one point, but I wouldn't know since I just got sick right after getting better. It's been going on longer than that, but June is when I last remember getting sick. And now I've got surgery scheduled for April 28th. Several times a day I am tempted to call and cancel, but Sam won't let me. He thinks it's important that this be done. I've been assured over and over again that once my tonsils are out, I won't get as sick, as often. That would be nice, but it is hard to imagine. My Doctor feels that my immune system is all out of whack since it's been fighting the infection in my tonsils for who knows how long, so that is why I'm always getting colds...low immunity.

Anyway, since I'm spending the day in bed trying to get better for the week, I've been looking at old pictures and reminiscing about the "easier" days that really weren't so easy. :) Can you believe that my two little ones have gone from this



to this?



They are my joy! I love that they get along so well with each other. They hate being apart and are so protective over each other. It just melts my heart to watch them get along so well. Sure they have their moments of fights and such, but they are quick to apologize (due to me making them) and then they are right back to playing with each other like nothing happened. I can't wait for the summer to get here. Hopefully no one will be sick, the weather will cooperate, and we can go to parks and beaches and just explore what nature has to offer.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I love that they are such good friends. I hope I get that lucky in a year or so! And I hope you get to feeling better--it's so hard when you feel like crud!