Friday, March 25, 2011

FIVE

It's been five wonderful years of marriage today! Since we already celebrated by going to Hawaii earlier this year, we're keeping things pretty low key. We're planning on going out tonight to eat, exciting I know. But it's something.

These past 5 years have been something else. We have moved 3 times and have 2 wonderful kids. I think our only challenge we've really had to face (besides a 3 year old ;) ) has been that I've been sick for nearly a year with off and on colds. Now I get to have my tonsils and adenoids taken out next month. It's going to be brutal, but it'll help in the long run. Maybe I'll actually be healthy enough so that we can get out more as a family. That's something I really want.

We didn't do gifts this year, but I thought it was funny that Wood is the traditional gift. What's funny about it, is that I saw a wooden sand box at Costco the other day and thought that would be a perfect gift. It would give me the gift of my kids playing outside for hours on end. Logan has been asking for a sandbox for quite sometime. As I'm thinking this, Sam thought the same thing...get me a sandbox for our wedding anniversary, that way the kids can play for hours. We didn't get it, at least not for an anniversary gift. But we will most likely get it for the kids anyway.

I love that after 5 years of marriage, Sam and I think the same way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL love that the gift idea was for the kids! Happy Anniversary!

Kristy said...

Happy anniversary!