Friday, January 22, 2010

Mix & Match

We've had a couple of nights lately that have become a bit of a struggle putting Logan to bed. We usually put him in his room, say good night and close the door. He usually plays a bit and goes to sleep when he's ready, but at least we don't hear from him. However, the past couple of nights he just sits in his room and screams. So, I went in last night to check on him and he was crying about "Cars" and kept pointing at his pillow. His bedding is from the TV show "Yo Gabba Gabba". I asked him if he wanted to sleep with Muno, and he said "NO". I continued naming all the characters on the show and he said no to all of them but kept wimpering about "Cars". Luckily I had purchased a "Cars" toddler bed set awhile ago, but then he was into the other show, so we have been trying to sell it. I pulled out the pillow case and bedspread and covered his pillow and bed. He seemed fine, so I left him. Not a minute later and he was screaming again. The end result...



He's got a mixed bed set. Cars pillow and bedspread, Yo Gabba Gabba pillow and sheets. Once I figured to put 2 pillows on his bed, he was fine and we didn't hear from him the rest of the night. I don't like caving in, but to save my sanity this is something that needed to be done.

2 comments:

Ben and Cortney said...

That is not a bad thing to cave on, you are jaust making comfortable enough to sleep by himself! Good job Mom!

Justin and Stephanie said...

You are a very wise mother. It is okay for him to decorate his room. No harm done. Maybe he will be an interior decorator when he gets a little older. I love the pictures at the park. It looks like it was a beautiful day! I love good weather. And congrats to David he has a very sweet little son. So many great things happening. Did you hear both Becky & Warren are looking to be close to being engaged. Exciting.