Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rainy Days

Rain and Logan do not mix very well. Now that it's raining, Logan is indoors a lot. He is always on-the-go and needing something to keep him busy. And, being only 21 months, he gets bored very easily. He seems to be sick of his toys, but I refuse to get him anything new until Christmas and his birthday. While I try to come up with interesting and new things for him to do (and it's not working so well), Logan has come up with an idea of his own on how to keep busy.


These pictures are from a few days ago, but he still enjoys pulling up a kitchen chair over to the sink and playing in the water. And he loves to set the table. His new found enjoyment as of today, is to pull a chair up to the stove, climb on to it and turn it on! Not my favorite thing for him to do. He's also found where I've put all scissors and knives. It's been very interesting trying to feed Olivia and keep Logan off of the kitchen counters at the same time these past few days.
After a desperate phone call to my mom for ideas on how to keep Logan busy and out of trouble, I decided that maybe he would enjoy a fort to play in. It's not the best one by any means, but it kept him occupied for well over an hour. I just found a sheet and threw it over the couch and a couple of chairs. Logan's favorite thing to do though was to jump on top of the sheet and knock it down. I would've used the kitchen table, but we don't have a blanket large enough to cover it all.


Now to think of what to do tomorrow! Ugh!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

You definitely need the book, "The Toddler's Busy Book"- it has tons of great indoor ideas- and most of them free (you know I am cheap!). I know it is hard- Audra drives me crazy when we can't go outside!!! Good luck!

Minna Dyer said...

We have that book. Of course, sometimes we forget we have it, but we are always grateful when we use it.

Do you have a bunch of empty plastic bottles? Probably not, but you could try indoor bowling. Or, would you be opposed to him going through your closet to dress up???
You'll have to hit mom up for a table fort like she made for us :) I wonder how long that would keep him busy though...