Sunday, September 12, 2010

Date night


Sam and I rarely go out. It's not for the lack of babysitters and what not, it's just that we're too lazy to ask anyone to watch the kids. Then there's the feeling guilty that someone else has to take care of our kids while we're out having fun...The list could go on and on as to why we don't go out. But we have been needing a good night "out". So the other night we decided to have a date night - in. We put the kids to bed (we're lucky they sleep through the night, mostly) then Sam made Orange Julius and popped popcorn while I ran out to a Redbox to get a movie. The movie of choice...appropriatley titled "Date Night". Hilarious. The rule was anything goes...but we couldn't talk about the kids. It felt a lot like it did when we were dating. Good times. I think we'll have to do this more often. I'm surprised it took us nearly 3 years to figure it out.

3 comments:

Ben and Cortney said...

HA! Yeah Ben and I have the same problem. I think I will consider this date night in...

Christina said...

Ben and I live for our date nights! Every Friday night, it's our night! Of course, my girls are the only grandkids on Ben's parents side, so they LOVE baby-sitting them and practically get mad at us if for some reason we don't go out! I say, take advantage of the baby-sitting- especially if it is free!!!!

Jessica said...

So fun! Yummy orange julius!

I have been wanting to see Date Night!