Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Gate or no gate? That is the question



Olivia has found her way to the stairs. She's climbed up the first couple of steps, only to fall back down.

Logan loves his freedom and being able to roam the house as he pleases, and honestly, I love it too.

Here's the dilemma...If I put a gate up to protect Olivia, I will have one very upset little boy on my hands. And he's a strong kid. We have dozens of holes in the walls from him, and I know we'd have many more if a gate went up.

I think for now, I'll just keep a close eye on Livi. I really don't want to have to patch up more holes than I need to. She is pretty good about staying right in my sight too, so until she decides to crawl off without me knowing, I guess I'll keep the gate down.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Audra was surprisingly OK with me putting the gate up. When Ben came home she tattled on me which was cute, but I expected many more tantrums than what I got, so maybe it won't be as bad as you think. (Of course, maybe it will!)

I have a friend with 4 kids who never once used gates- she just taught her kids since before they could crawl how to go downstairs backwards on their tummy. She said not one of them ever fell down the stairs, and she never had to worry when they were at somebody's house who didn't have gates. Just a thought.