Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Excellent Shopping Trip!

This morning I took both kids to Fred Meyer for some grocery shopping. It was the first time that Olivia was not in her infant carrier, so I was a little worried about how it would work with two kids in a shopping cart. It worked beautifully. Whoever invented the carts to look like cars, steering wheels included, is a genius! Both kids just loved it!

The really great news is that I got a lot of stuff, for very little money, thanks to coupons and sales. Here is a list of what I got:

2 Betty Crocker supreme brownie mixes
2 Betty Crocker potatoes
1 Gerber Fruit Strip (Logan loves them)
4 Gerber foods for Olivia
2 boxes of cereal (Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch)
1 V8 splash
1 6pack Klondike bars
1 container of strawberries
6 F.M. yogurts
2 gallons of milk
2 8oz Tillamook shredded cheese

The total for all that...

$15.18


I saved about $30.00!!! (give or take a few cents) I consider that to be a very excellent shopping trip. Saved lots of money, and the kids behaved!!! :)

5 comments:

Christina said...

Isn't it SO INCREDIBLY EXHILIRATING and EMPOWERING to save so much money? What a great trip!!!!! Were you able to find a website that helps find the deals? I think that is the hardest part!

Ben and Cortney said...

Yes, yes, please do give us the website!

Christine said...

Sorry, I didn't check any website, I just looked at the ads, and checked my coupons. I have a rule that I don't buy it unless it's something we desperately need. Otherwise, I wait for it to go on sale and I have to have a coupon that matches. I come home with pretty random stuff sometimes, but there have been many times when I've only paid 25 cents for an item that was originally $4.00. Something else I do...If I see something on sale at the store, but it wasn't on my list, I look at the sale tag to see when the sale expires. A lot of the time, the sale goes longer than a week. So I make a note of it and keep my eye open for coupons.

Tiffiny said...

Congrats on the great shopping trip. I am still getting the hang of shopping with two kids!

Hutchings said...

That is awesome! I am jealous.