Saturday, July 11, 2009

Best Big Brother

Logan has had his share of ups and downs the past couple of weeks. We kept sending him off to various places to stay with family just so I could get through the last couple of weeks of pregnancy without having to worry about him. It really messed with him though, when we finally got him back, he was home for a day and a half before we had to call grandparents again to take him while his sister was born. Poor kid, he really had put up with a lot. It really made me worry to have him come home to mom and dad...and sister. I honestly thought we'd have some problems with jealousy and such. However, Logan has really shown me differently. Although at times he appears to be upset with me and dad, he really has shown some great love for his little sister. He helps out in whatever way he can, it's very cute.

This picture cracks me up. I guess Logan has seen his dad give Livi his pinky finger when she's hungry and I'm not quite ready to feed her. Since she was crying, Logan thought she was obviously hungry and tried to calm her down by putting his finger in her mouth. Of course, once she started sucking, he panicked and quickly pulled it out. It was hilarious!

Here's big brother trying to rock his sister. He's actually very good at being gentle. Well, gentle enough as only an 18 month old knows how to be gentle.

And you can't forget the pacifier. He tried so hard to give it to her. I guess he didn't realize that she's sleeping and isn't interested.

Of course, being a big brother is no picnic. When Livi cries, it's more like an ear piercing scream, so you can't blame him for covering his ears.

I'm so glad that Logan has taken an interest in Olivia. He has been so great to her. He loves to come into our room in the mornings (even though our room is off limits to him) and say hi to his sister before he runs off to play and he's always trying to hold her hand or touch her hair. I think these two will grow up to be not only brother and sister, but also good friends. I guess I never had anything to worry about.

2 comments:

Tiffiny said...

It's great to hear that Logan is adjusting well and being so good with Olivia. I've heard horror stories from other people before, but yours give me hope! Those pictures of him helping her out are wonderful! I especially like the finger sucking story!!

Ben and Cortney said...

Congrats you guys, we are glad to know that everything is going well.