Monday, July 7, 2008

Our Summer Trip, Part 1 - Moses Lake, WA

June 27-28 was spent in Moses Lake visiting my family. It was so much fun to see everyone again. Friday night was rough on Logan as he wasn't used to being around so many people but he was able to adjust and by Saturday, he was ready to enjoy everyone's company, especially his Grandma and Grandpa Hills and Great-Grandpa and Great-Grandma Jones.



One thing I was really looking forward to was Logan meeting his 2nd cousin, Austin. My cousin (Ben) and his wife (Cortney) have a baby boy that is just one day older than Logan. I thought it would be really fun if they could meet each other. I wasn't sure how it would work, since we live in Washington, and they live in California, but this reunion in Moses Lake was able to bring the two together. Finally, at almost 6 months of age, the two boys were able to meet. They seemed to hit it off pretty well. It was fun to see how the two of them interacted, and to notice how similar they were as far as milestones hit, etc.



This really wasn't part of the reunion, but I thought it was too cute to not share...
Saturday morning, while Sam and I were getting ready for the day, I put Logan on the floor for some tummy time. A few minutes later, I heard some unusual noises coming from my little boy. It was as if he was asking for help. When I went over to where he was, I noticed that he has scooted himself backwards, moving himself from the center of the blanket, to underneath his pack n play. It was quite the sight, and of course, me being the awesome mother that I am, went to get the camera before "saving" him.



The rest of the day was spent bowling, eating, swimming, eating, and just having fun with the fam and...eating. There is always so much good food when everyone gets together.

Saturday gave us some great sunshine and very warm weather, so while some went boating, those of us who wanted to take it easy went to my Aunt's house to go swimming. We wanted Logan to get into the water to cool down. At first he wasn't too sure of the idea, but eventually warmed up to it. Of course, having his little tube helped tremendously. And Uncle Aaron was able to help Logan have some fun in the pool (Thanks Aaron!)




It was so much fun to see everyone again, and hopefully, we can get over there more often to visit. I wish I had taken more pictures of what the family was up to, but at the time, I wasn't thinking too clearly. Something I'll regret, but the memories will always be there. And there will always be other times that the family gets together. It wasn't the first time, and definitely not the last either.

No comments: